Beefburger with grilled peppers
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- Mekkafood Beefburgers
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 300 grams white rice
- 300 ml full-fat yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lime
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the peppers over a gas flame or in a 220 C oven until charred black. Leave the peppers to rest for a while in a closed plastic or heat-resistant bag. Next, remove the black skin from the peppers with a paring knife.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions and season with salt and black pepper. If you happen to have some vegetables or herbs lying around (such as carrots or corn), you could chop them finely and add them to the rice at the last minute.
- Pan-fry the beefburgers with some olive oil according to packet instructions.
- Serve the beefburgers with the grilled peppers, white rice and yoghurt dip. Enjoy!
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice of both halves into a dish. Use a garlic press to crush the garlic and mix with the full-fat yoghurt and lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish the yoghurt dip with fresh mint leaves.